New RTS Gives Players Ability to Command Navies, Skirmish in Both Air and Sea
Paradox Interactive and Turbo Tape Games have officially announced Naval War: Arctic Circle. The game is a new maritime RTS that places players at the controls of some of today’s most powerful naval forces, including NATO, the Nordic Alliance, Russia, and the United States. Taking place in the arctic regions of the world, Naval War: Arctic Circle will challenge players as they pass through the world’s deadliest waters vying for dominance and complete control of the arctic seas, allowing commanders to purge enemy forces either above, beneath, or on the ocean surface. Will you be able to reign over the waters?
Naval War: Arctic Circle is set to launch in Q1 2012.
View a new video interview with Jan Haugland, lead game designer:
- Two campaign modes, telling a narrative from Russian and NATO sides
- On-line play through LAN as well as over the Internet
- Enormous area of game play space, with over 35 million square km of open sea and coast line
- Extreme long range guided and self-guided weaponry; if you can detect the enemy, it will be possible to strike
- Vertical game play, from orbit aerial units to the bottom of the ocean floor through a seamless zoom-able map of the entire North Atlantic Ocean
- Detection and evasion focus with realistic sensory measures and countermeasures yielding a strategic game experience based on stealth rater than head on tactical battle
- Great detail in unit management with fewer but more powerful units making selection and management more distinguishable and less cluttered with an unparalleled level of individual detail
- Realistic weather model, with real world implications for tactical and strategic deployment of resources at hand
- Real world units, with all major powers.
Operating system: Windows XP/Vista/7 (32 or 64 bit)
Processor: Intel Core 2 DUO 1.8 Ghz or AMD equivalent
Memory: 2 GB
Hard disk space: 2 GB free
Video card: 256 MB GeForce or ATI equivalent Direct X 9.0c or 10
Sound: Direct X compatible
Controller support: Keyboard and mouse
Multiplayer: Yes, 2 or 4 player