Paradox Interactive and Most Wanted Entertainment are happy to announce the launch of the first developer diary for Defenders of Ardania, the upcoming next-generation tower defense game set in the rich fantasy world of Majesty. To celebrate, 14 new screens have been released!
The game is currently in development for four different platforms – PC, iPad, PSN and XBLA and scheduled for release in Q3 2011. The developer diaries will be released on a bi-weekly basis.
From the first developer diary by Andras Klujber, lead designer:
” Yes! Yes! Yes! It’s so evident! What else could be more enjoyable than crushing evil AI monsters and burning their castle to the ground if not doing the same to our best friends? I sit back a bit, imagine the faces of my friends, as we smash each other in Defenders of Ardania at the weekend LAN parties or over the internet from our homes.”
To read the complete developer diary, please visit:
- An intriguing new take on the massively popular tower defense genre: players lead both offensive and defensive operations
- Ardania: the world of Majesty with three playable races and their unique environments
- Defense: 24 different upgradeable towers to erect against the invading enemy
- Attack: 24 varied units with diverse attributes to assemble into an offensive force
- Strong multiplayer component with a variety of game modes for up to four players
- Interactive environment that affects gameplay
- A wide range of offensive and defensive spells