Become part of the greatest urban public transportation system in the world
Paradox Interactive and Colossal Order Ltd have just announced the start of the Open Beta for Cities in Motion, a mass transportation simulator set across four European cities and due for release on PC in Q1 2011. Developed by Colossal Order Ltd, Cities in Motion sees players develop and operate their own public transport company building a travel network across Vienna, Berlin, Helsinki and Amsterdam using more than 30 different modes of transport including buses, trams, subway trains and water buses. As each city develops and grows the player must continue to meet the ever changing transport needs of its commuters, while at the same time ensuring it remains as profitable as possible.
The Open Beta version of Cities in Motion includes the city of Vienna in sandbox mode along with one scenario – ‘Part with Petrol’. The Beta will run until 20th February 2011. Sign up at http://www.fileplanet.com/218504/210000/fileinfo/Cities-in-Motion-Open-Beta-Client
Featuring an in-depth campaign mode made up of 12 scenarios along with an open ended sandbox mode, an advanced map editor that allows players to create their own cities, plus much more, Cities in Motion will challenge players to create the perfect public transport system that has no cancellations, no delays and where the passengers are always happy!
- Explore four different cities: Vienna, Helsinki, Berlin and Amsterdam
- Engage in a campaign spread across 12 scenarios, as well as a sandbox mode where all campaign cities are playable
- Realistic 3D graphics with over 100 unique buildings
- Advanced economy simulation including contractor deals, banking, insurance and fluctuating economic trends
- Play through 100 years of transportation history across four eras between 1920 and 2020
- Use the advanced map editor to create your own cities
- Choose between over 30 different vehicles based on real-life models including buses, trams, water buses, helicopters and a subway system with underground view
- Real-time city and traffic simulation as people commute between their homes, workplace and social lives.
- Meet residents’ travel needs as seven different social groups exhibit different passenger behaviours
- Three difficulty levels – easy, medium and hard
Check out the latest Cities in Motion developments:
Product page: www.citiesinmotion.com