Prisonscape is an adventure/RPG game about the harsh and brutal life in prison, with a focus on making the best of what you have. You’ll take part in gathering and crafting makeshift weapons, interacting with other prisoners (bartering, forming alliances, or making enemies) and learning the trade inside the prison.
You can develop your character to be a tough fighter, charismatic manipulator, intelligent craftsman, or a slimy snake, and the choices you make affect the story. The ultimate goal is, of course, to escape! This is a survival-genre game taken from an entirely different angle, heavily inspired by the HBO classics The Wire and Oz. Expect a dark, gritty atmosphere and a constant danger to your very life in this brutal prison game.
Some planned features include:
- Craft makeshift weapons and other useful items out of the objects lying around the prison.
- Explore the prison and interact with over 80 NPCs each with their unique dialogue, background and personality.
- Grid-based, tactical combat: control the main character and his henchmen in turn-based, tactical combat.
- Gain reputation and join a prison gang: gain (or lose) reputation by doing jobs for other inmates and/or guards and join a gang and help take out their rivals.
- Special Abilities: use unique attacks and defenses from the Book of Dirty Tricks, which are based on your character’s stats and skills or resort to drugs for various bonuses and disadvantages.
- Solve problems: find your way through obstacles with your intelligence, agility or strength.
- Train: study and train inside the prison to become proficient in many different skills, including fighting, literacy and pick-pocketing.
- Be a Snitch: snitch to the guards about other inmates to receive favors such as better jobs, cigarettes or more rec time (but don’t get caught!)
- Painful Defeat, Rewarding Victories: lose all your precious contraband in cell shakedowns and steal valuable items from other inmates.