Kalypso Media is taking players into the depths of space in 2012, with the announcement of Legends of Pegasus for Windows PC. The 4X space simulation will put players in control of the last surviving humans, as they explore space in a quest to expand their galactic empire. Players will conquer and explore an incredibly detailed 3D universe as they use economic, diplomatic and scientific means to expand their empires. Through a deep technology tree, players will unlock new technologies to customize their ships and prepare their fleets for the next alien encounter…be it hostile or friendly. In development by Novacore Studios, Legends of Pegasus will be released in Q2 2012.
Legends of Pegasus is set in a far-flung galaxy, in the long distant future, as a small group of human survivors strives to recreate their lost empire. The player, in control of this ragtag fleet, must explore the depths of space, encountering other space-faring races that can quickly become helpful allies – or lethal foes. It’s up to you, as the leader of this fleet, to build a new empire, via economic, diplomatic, scientific and militaristic means. New technologies are available through research and conquest – and can be applied to custom starship designs. Sophisticated economic strategies and trade are the foundation of this empire’s strength and prosperity!
Features of Legends of Pegasus include:
- A complete 4X science fiction gaming experience- eXlore, eXpand, eXploit and eXterminate your way to galactic conquest
- Tactical space combat – featuring a unique mix of turn-based and real-time strategy gameplay
- A realistic, immersive universe – three races and 12 playable factions exist in a living-breathing universe populated by a huge variety of non-player civilizations
- Play alone or dominate with friends – an extensive single-player campaign coupled with a strong multiplayer focus ensure an engaging experience
- Massive customization options – design, build and deploy ships created from research into hundreds of technologies based on an extensive tech tree
Make it yours – modding options will be available, allowing players to customize missions, maps and more