We’ve put quite a number of hours into Endless Space here in the team at Mana Pool and during this we’ve ran into plenty of things we’d like to tweak or see done in a slightly different way. The Endless Space developers have been so kind as to support modding in an active and extremely helpful manner, which just begged to be used. As a result, we present Imperium Aeterna – which roughly translates to ‘Eternal Empire’.
Our goal is to maintain the vanilla ‘experience’ as much as possible, but to enhance our enjoyment of the game with enhancements and tweaks over time. This mod will grow as we gain ideas and or incorporate other mods and could become as little or as large as necessary to enjoy the game to the fullest.
Anyone is free to download, play and use the contents of this mod in their own mods – provided that full credits are given accordingly and a link to this page is added.
Imperium Aeterna Mod
This mods adds and changes the following in your Endless Space game
- A new Tech Tree, adding 5 new Technologies which each unlock a new System Improvement.
- An overhaul of the Combat Modules, which adds more depth to ship design.
- A Combat Overhaul, removing the vanilla Long/Medium/Short range mechanics and replacing it with a more logical Heavy/Normal/Light set of variants for each weapon.
- Reworked the Ship Classes, so there are now 5 distinct classes instead of minor variations.
- Added ship defense bonuses to Engine Modules – No longer included: Developers added evasion to engines in Vanilla.
- Planet Creation, a new technology near the bottom of the Expansion tree which enables you to terraform Asteroids into Barren planets.
- Planet Size Terraforming, new technologies which enable you to increase the size of planets.
- Gaia Planets and Gaia Terraformation.
- 62 New Anomalies (116 total) and 4 Tiers of Anomaly Reductions.
- A new unique planet “Aeterna”, with its own Wonder, Temple and Events.
- An overhaul of the Diplomatic AI.
- Coloured Anomalies – No longer included: Developers added this in Vanilla.
- Coloured Planet Types – making it much easier to distinguish between the different tiers.
- Coloured Exploitations – making it easier to distinguish between exploitation types.
Click any of the screen shots for a larger version.
(Windows 7 – for any other OS, find the equivalent folder where your Endless Space user data is stored.)
- Download the latest version of Imperium Aeterna at the end of this article.
- Extract the Archive. (Download 7-Zip for free)
- Goto: C:Users\Your User Name\Documents\Endless Space\Disharmony
- Create a folder named “Modding“
C:Users\Your User Name\Documents\Endless Space\Disharmony\Modding
- Place the entire ImperiumAeterna folder there.
C:Users\Your User Name\Documents\Endless Space\Disharmony\Modding\ImperiumAeterna
C:Users\Your User Name\Documents\Endless Space\Disharmony\Modding\ImperiumAeterna\Index.xml
C:Users\Your User Name\Documents\Endless Space\Disharmony\Modding\ImperiumAeterna\Folders
- In Game – Go to “Mods” and select Imperium Aeterna.
When you re-launch Endless Space, the bottom left of the title screen of the game should show you the version of Endless Space you are running, with the version of the Mod right below it. Have fun!
Updating to a New Version
Updating is extremely straight forward, but here are explicit instructions for those who asked
- Delete the ImperiumAeterna folder in C:\Users\Your User Name\Documents\Endless Space\Disharmony\Modding
- Place the new ImperiumAeterna folder there instead
Save game compatibility between versions is not guaranteed. Generally speaking, each “full” number is not going to be fully save game compatible. E.g. 2.1.0 won’t be savegame compatible with 2.0.0, but 2.0.5 might be.
Uninstalling or Disabling
Disabling the mod is incredibly easy. None of the original game files are ever touched, so this is perfectly safe.
If you wish to play Vanilla:
- In Game – Go to “Mods” and select “Endless Space”.
To play the mod again, simply switch back.
If you wish to Remove the mod permanently, add the following step:
- Delete C:\Users\Your User Name\Documents\Endless Space\Disharmony\Modding\ImperiumAeterna
Missing versions have never been released and were development versions. We’ve tested many things which have been scrapped for various reasons.
v2.2.2 (Hotfix 2)
- Fixed NullReferenceError when attempting inSystem colonization of Gaia planets.
- Fixed NullReferenceError with Colonized Aeterna.
- Fixed Tolerant Trait Malus on Gaia Planets.
- Fixed AI Parameters for New Technologies.
- Added Gaia Planets and Gaia Terraformation.
- Added Unique Planet “Aeterna”, with its own Wonder, Temple and Events.
- Added 62 New Anomalies from Tiaximus’ fantastic Anomaly Overhaul.
- New icons for Orbital Technologies and their improvements, created by bigbantha.
- Orbital Trade Hub bonus “+1 Population” changed to “+1 Trade Route”.
- Tweaked Diplomatic AI to lessen the Frenzied and Illogical Aggression in Disharmony.
- Overhauled Diplomatic Relationship progression and added 2 more relationship statuses.
- New icons for Planet Expansion Terraformations, created by bigbantha.
- New icons for Planet Creation, created by Cosmocrat.
- Added Planet Colours to Tier V Planets (Gas Giants and Asteroids) for consistency.
- Added Planet Colours to Xenotourism Agencies Tooltip for consistency.
- Added Planet Colours to Deep Space Facility Tooltip for consistency.
- Added Planet Colours to Colonization and Terraformation Tooltips.
- First Imperium Aeterna release compatible with Disharmony 1.1.58.
- Combat Overhaul: Changed Long/Medium/Short Range Mechanics from Disharmony into Heavy/Normal/Light variants of each weapon.
- Tooltip Bug Fixes, fixing bugs which Amplitude introduced in Vanilla patches.
Older Release Notes
- Made mod compatible with Endless Space v1.0.38.
- Moved all language references to Localization file to create support for other languages.
- Added Dyson Sphere by Tiaximus as 5th Orbital Improvement.
- Included PlanetSize Terraforming by Tiaximus.
- Added defense bonuses to Engine modules to make the higher ones more viable in Ship Design.
- Custom Weapon Icons for the top tier weapons, following existing vanilla design.
- Custom Icons for all new ‘Orbital’ System Improvements.
- Rebalanced Weapon and Defense Modules in the biggest overhaul yet
- Renamed almost all Weapons
- Added MIRV (swarm) type Missile Weapon
- Launches 5 warheads
- Takes 2 rounds to reach target (medium speed, only 2 intercept chances)
- Lower damage than other missile weapons
- Designed to swarm and overwhelm defenses
- Changed Missile type Missile Weapon
- Launches 2 warheads
- Takes 3 rounds to reach target (slow speed, 3 intercept chances)
- Best crit chance of all missile types
- Less predictable damage due to larger min/max damage range
- Changed Torpedo type Missile Weapon
- Launches 1 warhead
- Takes 1 round to reach target (fast speed, only 1 intercept chance)
- Predictable, flat damage output
- Added several dual turret options among the beam weapons
- These have reduced damage per shot to compensate and work great against smaller targets
- Added new Beam Weapon ‘Deathray’
- Added new Kinetic Weapon ‘Black Hole Generator’
- New custom icons (which follow the existing design) have been created and included for both, and will be used in a new version as soon as the developers enable this functionality for custom ship modules.
- Added secondary defense type to the Defense Module types
- Flak deflects the occasional kinetic slug
- Shields intercept/absorb low level missiles
- Deflectors deflect/absorb some beam weapon damage
- These effects are not present on the first 2 levels of each defense module type as they’re intended to provide benefit against a secondary weapon types several tech levels lower than itself.
- Added the Planet Creation Technology.
- AI will now Research the Technologies and build the Improvements.
- Fixed the ‘Population Bug’ – The population capacity increase was never added to Planets.
- Rebalanced the Construction Costs after a few Multiplayer Games.
- Integrated Colored Anomalies.
- Changed all Names & Descriptions of Orbital Entrenchment.
- Drastic Re-balance of the Improvements.
- Made the naming consistent with the rest of the game / tech trees: capitalisation, etc.
- Fixed the system improvements and techs so they don’t have text ‘overflowing’ in odd ways in the game.
- Changed the Improvement icons to ones I felt were more fitting, each has its own now. (Tried to keep them consistent with the improvements – unfortunately custom art work for System Improvements is not yet possible in mods.)
- Created custom Tech Icons (yay pixel art!) for the 4 technologies.
(Click any of the links to go to the an appropriate page of either the mod or person in question)
Imperium Aeterna incorporates the following mods either partially or entirely:
Orbital Entrenchment Mod by Igncom1 – Provided the initial basis of the 4 ‘orbital’ technologies and their improvements. The version used in Imperium Aeterna has evolved a lot since then, undergoing re-balancing, bug fixing, custom tech icons and more.
Colored Anomalies by Luminality – Incorporated entirely. We’ve made extremely minimal modifications to this mod, mostly to make text easier to read.
PlanetSize Terraforming by Tiaximus – Incorporated with small modifications to costs for balance reasons.
Anomaly Overhaul by Tiaximus – Incorporated all new Anomalies.
Special Thanks to:
bigbantha, for his contributions of awesome custom created icons for Imperium Aeterna.
Lachrymosity, My dear wife who had the patience to let me spend countless hours on modding the game, talking her ears off about my ideas and also played and tested the mod.
Anyone else who indirectly contributed to this mod.
You, for reading this far!
Imperium Aeterna Downloads
Latest Version (Disharmony Version 1.1.58):
Download Imperium Aeterna v2.2.2
Older Versions (Classic Version 1.0.38):
Download Imperium Aeterna v1.5.0 (Discontinued)
Please leave us some feedback, we love to hear from you! :-) If you like the Mod, please consider sharing it using one of the buttons below.