Paradox Interactive and Nitro Games have announced details on how to sign up for the limited Closed Beta for their upcoming RTS/RPG Pirates of Black Cove. So prepare for the 16th century, the golden era of pirates! This is your chance to conquer the Caribbean, because Pirates of Black Cove challenge you to roam the open world with your pirate crew. Notoriety and pirate fame bring you closer to your goal to be the King of All Pirates.
Due to the already overwhelming response, the companies today saw themselves forced to end the application process early.
“We wanted to avoid too many disappointed gamers, since this is a closed BETA with limited spots, it made no sense to keep the application open as we have already exceeded the expected number of applicants by a land slide. All I can say is, Shiver me timbers, I mean we expected that Pirates of Black Cove would hoist a few sails because it’s so very different from anything we’ve done to date, but this many closed beta applications is just awesome. Finally, we would like to thank everyone for their interest in our game and continue working hard to meet the expectations people have on us and the game”
-Brendon COO Nitro Games Ltd.
- Roam the open World with your Pirate crew and pick up missions as you sail the seas.
- Battle it out with the forces of Black Cove and other colonial nations on both land and sea.
- Gather infamous pirates to your crew, but be sure to keep them happy or they’ll side with your rivals.
- Select your character from several different Pirate Captains, each with their own unique skills and features.
- Varied units and weapons allows you to carry out the battles as you see fit.
Shiver me timbers! Pirates of Black Cove is set to launch in Q2 2011.
Check out the first developer diary for Pirates of Black Cove here:
Pirates of Black Cove Teaser:
Pirates of Black Cove developer interview: